[TYPO3-ttnews] Define Category shortcut and target for category shortcut

Cate & Peter catepeter at optusnet.com.au
Tue Jan 2 08:08:06 CET 2007

Hi All

Can someone please explain in a way that my thick head understands what the
difference between these two is ...

Category shortcut

Category titles or images can also act as shortcut to an internal page. If
this is enabled and a visible page is defined as

shortcut, the link from the category title or image points to this page.

Target for news category shortcut

With the field "Target ..." you can configure a target for the category
shortcut (this setting will have priority over a global

setting for link targets in your website)

I am reading them as exactly the same, except that category shortcut is for
internal links and targe is for external links ... is that right?

Regards

Cate