[TYPO3-ttnews] Targeting news elements with altMainMarkers??

Frank frank.sonck at freebel.net
Thu Feb 1 11:09:55 CET 2007

Hello list,

I want to know whether it is possible to link a specific altMainMarkers
setting to a specific tt_news content element by using TS.

Let me explain: I have several website (all in the same T3 install) that use
similar tt_news content elements, that is: a latest news element, an agenda
etc.
I would like to specify altMainMarkers settings for each of these 'types' of
elements, so that they are used in the different sites. How can I address a
specific news element (or a list of news elements) with a specific
altMainMarkers?

I know I can put specific templates in each of these elements but I don't
like that solution too much because:

1/ If I have 5 websites, each with a latest news element, I have to put my
custom latest template in all 5  latest news elements, making it less
efficient to manage.
2/ In this way you get a big bundle of specific templates
3/ There is something strange with the method of putting a specific template
in a news element (via plugin options > template) because if you delete it
later on and then put an updated version, you get a new name, for example:
myownversion.tmpl becomes myownversion_01.tmpl and then _02 and so on. I did
this for some time but your fileadmin gets 'polluted' with dozens of
replicated files. And if you need to move your sites to another server the
migration (export / import t3d) becomes very tricky.

Kind regards,
Frank Sonck