[TYPO3-ttnews] rss2 feed firts line empty

Jeroen Visser jeroen at roquin.nl
Thu Dec 13 11:25:56 CET 2007

Hi all,
After I switched from a old server to a new one my rss feeds don't work anymore. The Typo version remained 4.1.2

The RSS feed of my tt_news generates the news.xml but creates the file with the first line empty and the output starts at line 2.
IE6 doesn't seem to care about it. Also my feedreader has no problem with it.
Firefox and IE7 spits the following message:

XML Parsing Error: xml declaration not at start of external entity
Location: http://www.mydomain.nl/news.xml
Line Number 2, Column 1:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>
^

It looks like there is something placed in front of the ###XML_DECLARATION### marker. I did a extra trim() before returning it no luck there.
The template file for the rss2 realy starts at line 1. Did someone had this problem also, and fixed it?
I am looking forward to some reactions.

Kind regards,
Jeroen