[TYPO3-ttnews] Footnotes in tt_news

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Tue Oct 31 09:58:36 CET 2006

Hi,
I'm using a little PHP script for footnotes that I found in the forums
once and adapted it to my site. However, this script does not work
properly with tt_news. The footnotes script will take a custom tag
(e.g. <footnote>) and render the text enclosed by these tags as
footnotes with a link in the text (and a back link at the footnote).
The problem in tt_news is that Typo3 renders all news that might be
shown on the single view page and puts them at the bottom of the text.
E.g. if I'm viewing the 5th article from my news folder, my first
footnote might already be numbered as 12 because articles 1-4 had 19
footnotes. These 19 footonotes will all be listed at the bottom of my
news article. Does anybody have a suggestion how to handle footnotes in
tt_news?

Cheers,
Christian