[TYPO3-ttnews] localisation of news records: show foreign record while default is hidden?

Karl-Ernst Kiel kekiel at kekiel.de
Mon Nov 27 15:19:24 CET 2006

Hi!

I´ve some trouble with localisation of news records.

Default language: english
Foreign language: german

I create an english record and translate it to german.
(Though german translation is not marked as hidden.)

Now I hide the english record and -> the german also disappears.

Using
plugin.tt_news.showNewsWithoutDefaultTranslation = 1
does not solve this problem, because I have to have a german record
without "english parent" to have the record show.
May be possible, but also one problem: I am not able to upload an image
to my record since uploading images is limited to the default language :-(

Is there a way to display foreign news records while the default
language is marked as hidden?

Greetings,
Karl-E.