[TYPO3-ttnews] Root - catmenu

Francesco di Francia darksky77 at email.it
Fri Mar 17 00:11:15 CET 2006

I too need to get rid of this "Select a category" link at the top of the
cat menu in the front end ( you see it here www.netspiders.ner ).

By the way, the default typoscript wrap:

catmenuHeader_stdWrap.wrap = <p class="news-catmenu-header">|</p>

  is not valid xhtml ( and i think  html too ! ) because it insert the P
tag inside an A tag. A way to get rid of the "select a category " is set
to diplay: none the .news-catmenu-header class in the ttnews css. But,
say again, the code that create the cat menù inserte the wrap code
INSIDE the A tag...so if i wish to have validated code i have to set this:

catmenuHeader_stdWrap.wrap =

and avoid the "bad wrap". But at this point i don't know how to don't
show the "Select a category" voice at the top of the cat menu in the FE.

I tried the code you suggested but nothing.
Any other suggestion ?

Francesco