[TYPO3-ttnews] Image processing for 'click-enlarged' images

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Wed Mar 8 16:26:07 CET 2006

Hi folks,
Images in SINGLE are scaled ImageMagick to the dimensions which are
specified in TS. But when you click on the image ('click-enlarge'), the
plain image from the 'uploads'-folder is shown without any image processing.

We are investigating the possibilities of the new DAM extension to
maintain an image repository that is not only for web, but also for
print. Of course, for print the images need to have the highest quality
possible, which means large file sizes.
Now, if we use such a large (in terms of file size) image in tt_news, it
is automagickally scaled down in LATEST, LIST and SINGLE, which is
exactly what we want. But when a visitor clicks on the image in SINGLE
(click-enlarge again), he gets direct access to the original image file,
thus downloading somewhere between 500 to 2000kb (in our case).

Is there a chance to enable image processing for these 'click-enlarged'
images?

Regards,
Ro