[TYPO3-ttnews] COA reverts to defailt news template

Bill Alexy bill at psiberware.com
Fri Jun 9 18:48:04 CEST 2006

# hide the "no news id" message

plugin.tt_news._LOCAL_LANG.default.noNewsIdMsg =

I have used a TypoScript for displaying default news with TemplaVoila
content into an empty table by modifying the script described in the
news manual. No matter what I seem to input into the constants field, or
flexform (plugin.tt_news.file.templateFile =
fileadmin/templates/ttnews.tmpl) the content is reverting to the default
news template. Can someone show me please how I would use this code
using a custom template for Single News.

Thanks,
Bill Alexy

Here is my TS Setup:

# hide the "no news id" message

plugin.tt_news._LOCAL_LANG.default.noNewsIdMsg =

# set the tt_news singlePid to the current page

plugin.tt_news.singlePid = 8

# clear the content of the main column

lib.singleNewsArticle >

# build a new object for this column as content-object-array

lib.singleNewsArticle = COA

lib.singleNewsArticle {

   10 = CONTENT

   10.table = tt_news

   10.select {

# insert the pids of all pages from where you want to fetch news.

# the recursive-field has no influence on this selection

     pidInList = 16

     orderBy = datetime desc

     max = 1

   }

# insert the object “10.” only if there is no SINGLE news selected

   10.stdWrap.if.isFalse.data = GPvar:tx_ttnews|tt_news