[TYPO3-ttnews] Dates and language

Robert Markula robert.markula at gmx.net
Mon Jul 10 21:41:39 CEST 2006

Frederik Mortensen wrote:
> PLEASE HELP
>
> How can I get the ext to right the dates in other than english ???
>
> I like the day and month-writting, but I need them in danish...???
>

> Fred

Hi Fred,
Perhaps you've figured it out yourself, but anyway, here it is (put this
in your TS template setup):

# Language settings
config {
   linkVars = L
   sys_language_uid = 0
   language = dk
   locale_all = dk_DK
   locale_all = danish
   }

Haven't looked up what the right settings (dk, dk_DK, danish) for the
danish language are, but it should work.

For the correct date format use something like this (change to your
needs - google for "strftime"; the first result explains the available
options very nicely):

# Change date/time format
plugin.tt_news {
   displayLatest.date_stdWrap.strftime = %d. %B %Y
   displayList.date_stdWrap.strftime = %A, %d. %B %Y
   displaySingle.date_stdWrap.strftime = %d. %m. %Y
}

Cheers,
Ro