[TYPO3-ttnews] Items only in second Language and not in default language ????

Tom Walter t3 at wnets.de
Tue Feb 21 20:11:47 CET 2006

Tom Walter wrote:
> I am using a one-tree aproach with 3.8.1 and tt_news 2.2.24.
> My default language is German - second language is English. This works
> fine for the normal content - however with the news I encountered
> several problems:
>
> 1. News made right away in English are not shown in the FE (neither in
> Englisch nor in German) When I localize a German news into English the
> English news item is shown correct. I would rather prefer the news not
> to be related - but don't get this working. Problem is, that there might
> be news ONLY for the second language and NOT for the default language ...
>
> 2. The tooltip on the title, image and more-items in the English List
> view always display the German title - the same is true for my
> breadcrumb where I display the news title (see code below)

I just found out, that news item I add with language=ENGLISH do not show
up in the list view, but only in the lower part of the page view.

I really do think, that there is a bug somewhere in the multilanguage
approach. Could somebody kindly either confirm this or give some advice
on what to do ?

Tom