[TYPO3-ttnews] multiline imagecaption possible? with the same width as the image it belongs to

Andreas Kießling andreas.kiessling at web.de
Sun Dec 10 18:28:46 CET 2006

After hours of searching and reading, i've found a solution that works
for me... (Without any modifications to the Sourcecode)
With the extension  kb_betterstdwrap i can access the width by getting
the value from the TSFE->lastImageInfo[0]

plugin.tt_news.displaySingle.caption_stdWrap{
		prepend = TEXT
		prepend.insertData = 1
		prepend.value = <div style="width:{glob:TSFE:lastImageInfo:0}px">
		append = TEXT
		append.value =  </div>
	}

I guess it would be much nicer, to access that value via a register or
to change the way the images and captions are rendered. Doesn't the
function IMGTEXT provide just that?

Regards,
Andreas