[TYPO3-ttnews] frontend news editing problem

Karol Dabrowski kdwdk at interia.pl
Fri Dec 8 13:42:26 CET 2006

Hello Friends!
I have a big problem - I need to give a frontend user possibility to add a
news (tt_news) on the frontend - it means there's got to be a text editor
on the frontend - user is editing a news and the news is added to the
other news on the site (mail got to be sent to admin and after he gives
permission the news will occure at the frontend - but it doesn't matter) -
problem is which extension to use to make such situation possible or what
to do?
I have tried with extensions "mth_feedit" with "news_feedit" - the author
of both of them is Morten Tranberg Hansen. He is writing that those
extensions are correctly for the destination i need but i have a very big
problem with it.

1.First of all in the "1.2 users manual" section of the "mth_feedit"
author writes

"If you want to use mth_feedit from your extension the you should first
make sure that the class is availiable. This is done by:
require_once(t3lib_extMgm::extPath('mth_feedit').'class.tx_mthfeedit.php');
In the top of your extension class.

>> which is the extension class in typo3 and where to add this line?

The next an final thing you'll have to do is to make an instance of the
tx_mthfeedit class and call the ini function, like this:
$mthfeedit = t3lib_div::makeInstance('tx_mthfeedit');
$content = $mthfeedit->init($this,$conf);

>> the same problem - i don't know where to add those lines :(

2. i skip this instructions, installed "news_feedit" extension (which is a
example for right use of the mth_feedit extension - what i follow after
manual - and that is exact what i need to edit news on the frontend) and
have added a "fe news" component to the site, i have showed it a site with
tt_news and anytime I open a website i get "Authentication failed. Of some
reason the authentication failed". I find that this got to do something
with the templates , but they are added (news_feedit templates) so i dont
have any idea what to do now:(

Sorry for the mess but im using typo3 only from about a week and i need to
do a portal with news system. Maybe You have anny suggestions which
extension to use instead or how to make it all works with the present
ones...
Very very thanks and please help!!!
Win2003
IIS6.0