[TYPO3-ttnews] Sharing categories between subsites and usergroups?

Frank webmaster at solidair.org
Wed Aug 16 15:31:59 CEST 2006

Hi!

I have a main website and subsites. Each websites has it's tt_news plugin
with its own newspool. I have a list of newscategories that are in the
national newspool but that are of general interest, that is, all webteams
can use these. So I have put these categories one time in the national pool
and then for a subteam I have put this Typoscript in the setup of the group:

tt_newsPerms.tt_news_cat.includeList = 55,56,81

I have used includeList and NOT allowedItems because I want give these
subteams access to branches of categories. If you use allowedItems, you
allow only one category. Moreover things can change within these branches
and I have to make sure that they always have access to the whole branch.

As for the problem: the subteam members can see these included categories
now but when they select one of them for a new article and try to save, the
selection is gone. So it's not working.
Does anyone know what could be the problem?

Thanx a lot
Kind greetings,
Frank