[TYPO3-ttnews] rendering tt_news list/latest in plaintext

Uli Linn u.linn at linnweb.de
Sat Apr 29 11:07:23 CEST 2006

Dear List!

Im trying to use a Page with tt_news latest as source for a newsletter
(direct mail). Concerning the HTML - perfect. But I can't manage to get
the tt_news records rendered as plaintext.

A year ago Rupi suggested in this list:

 > you can display news with one of the standard templates and then
 > strip all HTML with stdwrap.stripHtml - not special template needed.

This works - but:
- Special Chars like   oder & are now shown as &...
- There no Links anymore. What I'd like: Showing the URL instead of
"more ..."
- there are many empty lines (as a result of Comments in the HTML)

Probably someone here has found a simple soloution for that ...

Thank you very much!

Uli Linn