[TYPO3-ttnews] new tt_news dev version 2.2.42

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Thu Apr 13 11:50:33 CEST 2006

Hi Karsten,

Karsten Dambekalns wrote:
>> * fix: added ENGINE=MyISAM to all create table statement in the
>> ext_tables.sql file (fixes table creation problem with mysql 5.1)
>
> Any details on this? Possibly a bug report?

no, it came in with a private mail:

"I noticed that when i went to install the tt_news extenstion it didnt add
couple of tables during the installation.  I am running MySQL 5.1.7 and in
this version the create table syntax for the storage engine changed from
TYPE=MyISAM to ENGINE=MyISAM.  Is it possible to get this changed and upload
a new version of tt_news for download."

After I added ENGINE=MyISAM I tested it with TYPO3 versions 4.0, 3.8.1 and
3.7.1 on MySQL 4.x and 5.0.x

On all those versions ENGINE=MyISAM was displayed as TYPE=MyISAM in the
extension manager but the tables where created correctly.

BUT, after I installed mySQL 5.1.7 on a testserver this morning I found that
exactly this change (adding ENGINE=MyISAM) prevents tt_news from being
installed because the install tool doesn't know about "ENGINE" and changes
it to "TYPE" and "TYPE" seems not to be allowed anymore on mySQL 5.1.x.
A tt_news version without this line (e.g. 2.2.24) was installed correctly
5.1.7.

So I have to say: Thanks that you asked this ;-)
I'll remove the ENGINE=MyISAM line again.

greets
rupert