[TYPO3-timtab] how to work around the conflict timtab has with tt_news?

Bing Du bdu at iastate.edu
Fri Mar 9 19:27:58 CET 2007

Hi,

Typo3 V4.0.4
timtab 0.5.11

Blog Home
   Single Blog Page
   Blog posts (SysFolder)
   Comments (SysFolder)

We have multiple sites hosted on one typo3 installation.  Each site
doesn't have a General Record Storage Page.  In order to make the blog
page only shows the blog categories rather than all the categories that
also include regular news categories, here is what I did,

1. Enabled 'Use General Record Storage Page' (useStoragePid) option of
tt_news in extension manager.
2. Set 'Blog Posts' as the General Record Storage Page for 'Blog Home'.

Now the 'Blog Home' only shows the blog categories correctly.  However,
I don't see the regular tt_news categories on the backend and frontend
for the sites anymore.

Is there any way to enable 'useStoragePid' only in the typoscript
extension of 'Blog Home' so it won't affect regular news function on
other sites?

Thanks in advance for any help,

Bing