[TYPO3-timtab] Timtab SVN

Rajesh Duggal rajesh at duggalmail.com
Wed Jun 6 02:27:47 CEST 2007

On 5-Jun-07, at 5:55 PM, Ingo Renner wrote:

> Rajesh Duggal wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>> Is there a standard way typo3 TER expects versioning?  Or some
>> other reason there isn't a 0.5.11 tag?
>
> seems I forgot that...
>
>> Also, usually, it's best to keep the stable version in the trunk,
>> and when building out major functionality, we create an svn branch
>> do the work there (until it becomes stable again).
>
> no, it's the other way around. trunk always contains the latest code
> with the latest features. when getting closer to a release you may open
> a branch, get fixes for the release in there (and in trunk of course)
> and keep committing new feaatures to trunk only.
>
> Ingo

A-ha.. it looks like we are both right! :)
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn-
book.html#svn.branchmerge.commonuses.patterns
We're using the "Release Branch" pattern.. we're as in the past I've
used the middle-of-the-road approach..
"
Most projects take a middle-of-the-road approach. They commonly insist
that /trunk compile and pass regression tests at all times. A feature
branch is only required when a change requires a large number of
destabilizing commits.
"

Cool cool..
Ingo, so, if I want to improve the current 0.5 doc, should I make the
change in the v_0_5_x branch?  And, then if you, and everyone else
likes the changes, we upload to TER, and we'll do a similar style doc
for the trunk (based on v0.6.x) ?

Raj.