[TYPO3-timtab] frontend posting possible?

Peter A. Schott paschott at no.yahoo.spamm.com
Sat Jun 2 14:53:12 CEST 2007

It's possible to use blogging tools to connect.  I had that working for my
website.  You need to run through the various config options for RSS, etc, but
once you do that, you can:

1. point your tool at the blog page
2. Use a back-end login for username/password
3. Choose MetaWebLog API for the type of blog.
4. point to the blog page, but add "&type=200" for the posting URL.

Once I did all of that, had no issues except with the categories.

For some reason, categories are passed back with "categoryName" and
"description" but MetaWebLog expects only description.  Easy to work around -
just be sure that your "Description" fields are filled out for all tt_news
category entries.

HTH.

-Pete Schott