[TYPO3-timtab] It's alive

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Oct 5 08:41:35 CEST 2006

Simon Angling wrote:
> But you're the TYPO3 bloke - you have to use it.

This is why I use it. Though I always was happier with wordpress.

> Actually I agree but
> then your comments are true for all of TYPO3 - it's not easy to get
> going with even if you are quite technical. However, I have taught very
> un-technical people to manage areas of a website using TYPO3.

Well, templavoila is much easier than mambo templating or smarty (used
in many cms).

I think it is actually was a mistake that timtab uses several components
into one. It is not easy to setup, even less easier to configure.
ve_guestbook is total frustration.

I would see a *new* blog extension this way:
- install ext
- go to constant editor and configure where blogs records are stored
- go to blog's control center module, select template (one template, not
three different templates like now!)
- add categories to blog
- write first blog post

I am not novice to typo3 but it took me several days to setup timtab
properly. In contrast it took me 5 minutes to start blogging with
wordpress after downloading it without any prior knowledge.

I appreciate the work that Ingo does but timtab is really far from being
easy to average user. So its use will be limited I expect.

--
Dmitry Dulepov

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs