[TYPO3-timtab] Limiting categories

Jordan van Bergen jordanvanbergen at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 26 10:58:34 CEST 2006

Hi Ingo,

> some questions:
> do you have these categories stored as records on that page or do they
> just
> show up on that page?
> do they come frome other pages?

All categories are stored as records in the following pid: 12
So all categories are entered in the pid: 12

I use:

plugin.tx_timtab.displayCatMenu.targetPid = 114

To show them on a page on another websites (other domainname), this works
great but it shows all categories from pid: 12

> do you want to limit categories for the tt_news list view or the category
> menu?

Both, I only want to show 3 out of 10 categories on this website. On the
other website (my personal weblog) all categories show, works okay. On a
second domainname using the same tt_news items etc. etc. it should only show
3 out of 10 categories. It's something like show / use categories 1, 4 and 9
from pid 12 and not all.

Is this possible?

Some of my setup is below (I think the important ones so you know something
more about my setup):

constants:

plugin.tx_timtab_pi2.pidStorePosts = 12
plugin.tx_timtab_pi2.pidStoreComments = 117
plugin.tx_timtab_pi1.pid_list = 364

plugin.tx_timtab.homepage = http://localhost.jordanvanbergen.nl
plugin.tx_timtab.blogPid = 117
plugin.tx_timtab.homePid = 114
plugin.tx_timtab.title = TEST
plugin.tx_timtab.tagline = TEST

plugin.tt_news.backPid =  114
plugin.tt_news.pid_list = 12

setup:

plugin.tx_timtab.displayCatMenu.targetPid = 114
plugin.tx_timtab.displayCatMenu.showCount = 1

some tt_news setup:

  dontUseBackPid = 1
  catTextMode = 3
  newsAmenuUserFunc =
  useHRDates = 1
  useHRDatesSingle = 1
  useSubCategories = 1
  limit = 10

  displayCatMenu {
    mode = timtab
    catmenu_stdWrap.wrap = <li><h2
class="news-catmenu">Categorie:</h2>|</li>
  }

# categories
temp.categories < plugin.tt_news
temp.categories {