[TYPO3-timtab] spam protection questions

Franz Holzinger franz at fholzinger.com
Sat Dec 30 08:18:12 CET 2006

Hello Daniel,

> There are two problems I think
> 1)trackback spams
> 2)normal comment spam
> (I think 2.) is solved with captcha.)
>
> I read something about spamprotection for trackback- How did that work?
>
> I know that wordpress handels this with spamdetection (bayes algorithm).
> - I think it will be a good idea to have a common "spamdetection"
> extension? What do you think?

This would be very necessary of course. I think the ip addresses of
spammers should be collected. Later the firewall should completely block
those ip addresses. And we should form a union where we exchange those
spammers ip addresses.
At the moment I have implemented very simple spam filters with tt_guest
and tt_boards.

> The other idea is: Hide comments by default and use the TYPO3 setfixed
> mechanism to approve or delete new comments just by clicking a link in a
> email. Is this allready implemented?

IMHO this is a missing feature.

- Franz