[TYPO3-templavoila] TemplaVoila future...

Oliver Hader oliver.hader at typo3.org
Mon Jun 10 11:18:10 CEST 2013

Hi Philipp,

Am 09.06.13 16:07, schrieb Philipp Gampe:
> Oliver Hader wrote:
>
>> Since TemplaVoila is used in many websites, at least the compatibility
>> issues with newer TYPO3 6.x versions need to be addressed by the
>> community (and active contributors, which are part of that community as
>> well).
>
> I prefer if those using TemplaVoila would also actively support creating
> migration code and tutorials and to enhance the modern tools until they have
> the full feature set of TemplaVoila.

It doubt that this will happen since they are "just" users. Most of the
users simply do not know how and where to hand in a bug report and what
the official channels of the TYPO3 community are... but that's another
topic.

> I consider dam->fal and tt_news->news migration tools to be more important
> than TV. Thus to me TV is 3rd priority, most likely falling behind due to a
> lag of time.

TemplaVoila was and is kind of conviction - it looks like 50% love it,
and the other 50% don't. The amount of downloads easily shows, that
there is a demand for this extension and the frustration level will be
high, if upgrading a TV website from 4.5 LTS to 6.2 LTS won't work
anymore and all content is lost, somehow...

It looks like there should be a TemplaVoila code sprint - or in general
a "extension compatibility code sprint" - which is targeted to those
extensions, that are installed on many TYPO3 installations. TemplaVoila
is in line with DAM, tt_news and RealURL...

Cheers,
Olly
--
Oliver Hader