[TYPO3-templavoila] v6.0 and future plans

Den Denyer denyer at sozu.co.uk
Thu Sep 27 13:24:46 CEST 2012

How do you correlate layouts to current TV behaviour? Being new to Fluid
I'm struggling to equate the two at the moment!

I have been thinking that perhaps a module in the BE that allows you to
map fluid sections to HTML entities (Similar to current TV mapping) that
would essentially (in the background) produce a Fluid Layout.

Being able to start with a HTML file, and by point and clicking generate
the layout, and use the contents of the elements clicked on to generate
dummy sections that could then be edited...

I'm not sure I'm making that very clear!

But basically something that takes a HTML file in, and generates a Layout
and a Template file based on a TV style mapping interface. Why you might
ask? Would allow developers to receive completed HTML page skeletons and
integrate them quickly, without having to manually chop them up into
parts, risking introducing markup/CSS bugs en-route.

Just a thought.

Good to know that 6.0 is the end of the line for TV though, helps plan my
efforts for the future.

Kind regards,
Den