[TYPO3-templavoila] localisation and fce

Andreas Kiessling kiessling at pluspol.info
Wed Nov 24 23:43:18 CET 2010

Hi,

Am 24.11.10 20:14, schrieb Christian Welzel:
> Am 23.11.2010 00:08, schrieb Andreas Kiessling:
>
>> Back to TV: you can easily localize your FCE with the "Language"
>> pulldown at the top. I even have a patch lying to start a FCE
>> localization from the page module... I will prepare a RFC for that soon ;)
>
> So what exactly are you doing?
> what are your ds settings for translation and what is your workflow
> for translating your fce? i'm never understood the concepts of
> translation with langdisable/langchildren...

I use them as a replacement for regular content elements and localize
them just like regular content elements with a seperate row in
tt_content. (Set langDisable to 1 for that)

You can get a pretty good overview of the concepts here:
http://www.typo3-media.com/blog/article/mehrsprachigkeit-und-templavoila.html

HTH,
Andreas