[TYPO3-templavoila] Localizing Labels in beLayout

Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff vsbies at wp.pl
Thu May 6 22:56:24 CEST 2010

W dniu 2010-05-05 23:09, Ron Hall pisze:

> I want "Feature" and "Main Content" to be localized so that if user is German I could have German labels.
>
> Is that possible?

It's possible to localize ie. titles of the fields (in DS xml) with LLL:
syntax, however after tests unfortunately I need to say that I wasn't
able to use the same trick in beLayout (what's interesting I was using
BN framework for tests ;) )

LLL mechanism compares whole string "from deck to deck" so if it's
surrounded with additional HTML code it's not recognized as language label.

Maybe the solution would be using own markers in beLayout section, that
could be configured with TS to read the language labels from file,
however I didn't find such option.

If you're interested in localizing DS' titles, let me know I have
ready-to-use sample on my localhost

then you can use this labels using LLL syntax, it's important to do not
use any other character in the node (if it's DS xml):

--
Marcus 'biesior' Biesioroff
a.k.a. Marek Krawczyk (original)

Polish TYPO3 Community Proud Member