[TYPO3-templavoila] Subtemplate for mobile version

Christopher Schnell typo3 at mda.ch
Wed Jul 14 09:35:36 CEST 2010

Hi all,

over a year ago, Dimitry wrote a nice article about creation of mobile
versions of websites (http://dmitry-dulepov.com/article/creating-a-mobile-
version-of-a-web-site.html ). There he mentioned, that TV has to be
patched to be able to add a mobile template. He also wrote that this
change would go into the extension with one of the next releases.

As I am looking for the best way to implement a mobile Version of a
website, I wondered if this patch is now in the newest TV release, but it
istn’t.

Now, I am interested:
Is this patch still valid?

Why hasn’t it gone into the extension?

Is the way, Dimitry described in his blog still valid?

For me, it seemed like the logical way as he described it. I was even
thinking of misusing the printing mode, but that wouldn’t turn out good
in the end.

Thanks and regards,
Christopher.