[TYPO3-templavoila] Optional Link

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Mon Jul 20 21:31:32 CEST 2009

Hey Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Jigal van Hemert wrote:
>> This will produce the URL. If this is mapped to the href-attribute
>> of an A-tag in the HTML template it's not obvious for me whether TV
>> will actually remove the A-tag if there is no URL or not. Your
>> answer suggests that TV is clever enough to remove the A-tag in
>> such a situation.
>
> It doesn't. TV does not remove anything.

Glad it doesn't. I lik to be in control ;-)

> Now think what will happen if you map only the attribute of the A tag
> and use the "required" property? Will the whole tag be removed? Of
> course, not. Only the attribute's value will be removed.
>
> You need to map the whole tag, not the attribute.

If you have a FCE with a field for a link text (or image or whatever)
and a link field, then it would be logical to me to map the link text to
the A-tag (INNER) and the link field also to the A-tag (ATTRIBUTE href).

A link field in an FCE only allows me to set the URL/page id/file
name/etc. and not the contents of the link (text/image/etc.)

To make the link (A-tag) optional I would map the link text to the A-tag
(OUTER) and make the link field unmapped. With some extra TS you can
make an optional link.

I think that the OP wanted to have an optional link in such a way. (What
a confusion :-) )

Regards,

--
Jigal van Hemert.