[TYPO3-templavoila] FYI: Severe bug in current version of kb_tv_cont_slide

Joerg Wagner [DigiLog] news.netfielders.de at digilog.de
Thu Feb 12 07:38:59 CET 2009

Just FYI:

The latest versions of kb_tv_cont_slide (v0.4.0 and v0.4.1) contains a
bug that prohibits the extension from working on all fields other than
CE fields. So images or files (as demonstrated in the manual) won't
slide any more, and - what's worse - won't even work in their original
pages any more, if the TS code needed to trigger the extension is
inserted into DS.

I informed the author about the problem and I suggest that you either do
not update the ext right now, or (if you already did) comment out line
90 in class.tx_kbtvcontslide_pi1.php like this:

88            $value = $this->getPageFlexValue($page, $field);
89            if ($value) {
90            //    $value = $this->removeHiddenRecords($value);
91            }

Just as a reminder:
There are other potential pitfalls using this extension - read posting
"Content Slide with KB TV Slide" (10/2008 by Niels Fröhling) in this
group for more details. On the other hand this extension can be of great
value as long as you don't step into the cracks...

Cheers, Jörg.