[TYPO3-templavoila] Fixing wrong special chars in database / TV template before updating to 1.4.1

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 11:52:16 CET 2009

Hi!

On 09/12/2009 14:33, Thomas Russel wrote:
>>> SET NAMES utf8;
>>> SET CHARACTER SET utf8;
>>
>> Get rid of the line above. It corrupts database output.
>
> What line do you mean?

The are only two lines in the quote. Which of them is "the line above"? Probably the one ~above~ my suggestion :) Logically it is "SET CHARACTER SET utf8". This line corrupts database output. You need only lines #1 and #3 but never ever use line #2.

"Trust me, I am a doctor!" (c) Gregory House, M.D.