[TYPO3-templavoila] TypoScript with TV

Christian Wolff Chris at connye.com
Thu Sep 18 17:01:07 CEST 2008

On Thu, 18 Sep 2008 16:37:51 +0200, Dmitry Dulepov [typo3]
<dmitry at typo3.org> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Xavier Perseguers wrote:
>> But I agree that not serving a PDF is not very user-friendly for
>> beginners. It could be done either automatically or be available as
>> another format to any extension. For instance lots of Kasper's
>> documentation are available as DocBook too:
>>
>> http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/core-documentation/doc_core_inside/current/
>
> Well now it is not really Kasper's documentation ;)
>
>> while most (if not all) of the extensions are only as HTML or Ooo
>> available. Should developers put a manual.pdf inside doc/ ?
>
> According to the current conventions - no. Only sxw file.

Hi

The Basic Idea behind the Ooo doc is to write it once and then it should
be converted by
the TER to Usefull formats (currently only HTML) but in Theorie PDF should
be possible.
just not Implementet.

but in future they trying to change the default documentation format from
Ooo to Docbook
(because ist Easyer to parse and convert (i Guess) and a lot of developer
dont realy like complex
formats. with docbook they should be able to edit the documentation in the
favorite sourcecode editor
or use an docbook editor.
but i guess for typo3 version 4.x the Offical documentation format will
still be keep Ooo
and for 5.x it will be docbook.

hopefully the typo3.org will modify the TER to automaticaly generate pdf's
out of Ooo's

greets chris

--
Christian Wolff // Berlin