[TYPO3-templavoila] Wish list for TV

Thomas Rehhoff thomasr at REMOVETHISlinkfactory.dk
Sun Oct 5 11:37:29 CEST 2008

Hi Steffen,
yes I agree with you, that they are good for grouping data, but I also
think, that tabs shouldn't just be used just because you can, ie, just
because they were introduced in 4.2, doesn't mean they make life easier.
Tabbed interfaces means many more clicks, to do the same job.  I just wanted
you to consider a possibility to be able to turn them off. Or use them
wisely. My argument is, that if you're a power user, it's much faster to
work without tabs, because you can scroll down the formular with the
mousewheel. Take the text CE - why does it always start on the "General"
tab, when say, 99% of the time, you want to work in the editor? If I work on
a daily basis with implementing designs (as I do), I know I'd quickly get
fed up with the tabbed interface in TV.

There are plenty of people who want to know, how you can disable the tabbed
interface in 4.2 - Google at least showed up a lot of interest in this.

best
Thomas

news:mailman.1.1223158447.27812.typo3-project-templavoila at lists.netfielders.de...