[TYPO3-templavoila] Migrate a site from MTB to FTB?

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Jan 4 09:44:23 CET 2007

Hi!

Simon Child wrote:
> So far as I can see in the archives/google, one post (on the English list,
> Nov 2005) says it can't be done.
>
> I also found extension kb_tv_migrate (dated July 2005) which says it
> automates the migration (but doesn't have a manual, so I don't know what it
> does).
>
> I have a MTB site with over 300 pages which I would be interested to migrate
> to TV - can it be done without too much work/disruption?

This is not difficult to do manually. Firsts, you really need to go
through FTB tutorial to understand concepts. Then you need to map your
template. Most objects (that you use through markers in MTB) will go as
"TypoScript Object Path" fields. Content elements will go as "Content
elements" field. Finally change PAGE object to templavoila's one. It is
quite easy to migrate but do it carefully for the first time. If I were
you, I would build a list of my current TS objects and see what fields I
will have. Only then I would start physically changing them.

Web: http://typo3bloke.net/
Skype: callto:liels_bugs