[TYPO3-templavoila] Sort Order - Section Index

Tristan Knapp info at knappmedien.de
Wed Jun 21 09:30:06 CEST 2006

Hi List,

I am having problems getting a full-blown sectionIndex (Sitemap with Section
Index) working in TV.

I am aware of the work-around (http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=465) but it
seems TO ME not to be a complete fix of the underlying problem - just a
limited fix for the Sitemap Plugin (to be fair - which also was the bug...)

1.) If one adds a sitemap plugin to the container holding the tt_content
elements it works 50%. It works for ME for standard Typo3 content elements
but not for headlines contained within FCEs.

2.) If I add a menu within a typoscript object path (outside of the context
of the tt_content records) - it can't access the REGISTER variable from the
other container.

Looking further on the bug tracker I found (0000551: Records sorting order -
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=551) in which Robert mentions that this
was fixed in TemplaVoila 1.0.0. But I am using 1.0.1 and can't seem to
identify the fix.

So my first question: Is this fixed and I'm missing something?

I also have a second question ;)

I will write an extension to fix this temporarily. I can't really figure out
a way to do it consistently unless I extend tt_content and add an additional
sort field. I hate having to add a field but it seems to me the only way to
do this right is to implement this in the backend. Then the new sort field
would be available in any other plugin.

If I implement it in the front end I would need to essentially duplicate
tv's rendering hierarchy, since as far as I can tell there is no way to set
priority on rendering things (first render the "main" area, then this area).

How would you suggest a fix could be made?

Thx und Cheers,

Tristan