[TYPO3-templavoila] Sections vs Containers?

Steve Webster steviewebsite at msn.com
Wed Feb 22 18:18:19 CET 2006

Can someone help me understand the differences between sections and
containers.

I have a template with 5 areas that will contain Content Elements.  If I
just have the one root container then in the Page view all 5 areas to
create new content are visible in the same row (thus a little cramped
for space).

My HTML template is such that I have 3 columns:
	- Left Hand column with 2 Content Elements
	- Center column with main content element
	- Right Hand Column with 1 content element.

Do sections allow me to organise the way in which the areas are
displayed from within the page view?  That would be really great and
I've seen a screen shot somewhere hinting at that.

Thanks in advance.