[TYPO3-templavoila] text on screen, but not in html code - only with tv

Christopher bedlamhotelnospam at gnospammail.com
Wed Aug 2 00:49:30 CEST 2006

Hi,

Cate & Peter wrote:
> Has anyone else had text rendered on their screen (from the static html
> document used for mapping TV), that doesn't actually appear in the source
> code of the rendered page?
>
> The source code shows

> content and design &copy; 2000-2006 DeafHub&#8482; </div>

> And the screen renders
>
> All content and design C 2000-2006 DeafHubT
>
> fHubT
>
> When copying to paste in here, the bottom part doesn't appear ... or
> alternatively, when going back to copy "fhubTM" only, it copies the whole
> line.
>
> It has only started happening since using TV, and varies between just the
> trademark symbol, and a few letters with the symbol.
>
> I have no idea why it is rendering this way... any hints?

Yes: get rid of the comments. This is a well-known bug in Internet
Explorer--but who can keep track of them /all/? :-)

By the way, if there is an oddity in the display of a page like this
where something appears on the screen that is not in the source, even
when javascript is disabled, the problem /must/ lie with the browser.

-Christopher