[TYPO3-templavoila] Dropping the 'General Record Storage Page' requirement for TV?

Franz Koch typo3 at fx-graefix.de
Tue Apr 18 11:50:12 CEST 2006

Hi,

I recently had a little problem for which I didn't find a good solution. As I'm a friend of a cleaned up and well structured BE, I have a central storageFolder for extension records with subfolders in it (fe. one subfolder for fe_users, for news, for newsletters, for glossary records etc.) as many of you might also have. I also have TV running with some FCEs etc. and on my rootpage I have selected my main storageFolder as "General Record Storage Page" that contains the TV templates (which I'd liked to be in a subfolder also, but that causes problems).

Now, the problem is that several extensions also require a 'general record storage page' and if it is set, TV doesn't work in these pages and subpages correctly. I'm no longer able to select any template or to insert a FCE.

I never liked the GRSP concept as it causes only trouble. Storage folders should be set in a constant or in a flexform of the concerning extension. It for example took me over one hour to find a bug where a FE-login randomly disapeared in a branche of a website - only because there was a GRSP set to a different location needed for a different extension (from which I didn't knew).

So I'd really apreciate if TV could drop the usage of a GRSP and instead use either pageTS oder whatever.
Another solution might be to allow multiple GRSPs for a page - which would make more sense for me than limiting to only one without any recursiv-options etc.

What do you think about it? Should we discuss this as a TV related problem, or as a general one in the dev-list?
--
Kind regards,
Franz Koch