[TYPO3-Solr] Use solr fulltext search as a filter in my extension

Rolf Nakielski rolf at nakielski.de
Mon May 4 14:36:17 CEST 2015

Hello List,

we have a site where the solr extension (public version) is already running
well as a normal fulltext search for pages and tx_news records. This worked
pretty much out of the box - great.

Now we have another task for solr. We will write a new extbase extension
for job-offers. In the frontend the user can filter the jobs by a lot of
criteria. One of them should be a fulltext search. Like: show only jobs
that contain this word (or these words) in the job's description.

So my idea is to index the jobs (like for example tx_news records are
indexed). When jobs are searched I would like to call solr giving the
search word and I want to receive an array (or comma separated list) of
uids from jobs that contain the given words. Than I will use this list a
one of the filters. Is this a possible way to go?

The search call would probably be pretty much the same as usual (except
that I only want results from my jobs - no pages or news). But instead of
rendering a result list I want to get back a list of uids.

Is there anybody who did something like this before?
Any hints?

--
Rolf Nakielski
Marienstr. 113