[TYPO3-Solr] Indexing

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Thu Mar 5 10:24:49 CET 2015

Hi,

On 05/03/2015 09:47, Oliver Tempel wrote:
> Hi @ all,
> how does SOLR recognize changes in custom table?

It has a hook in the DataHandler (aka TCEmain) class. If a record is
created/deleted/modified/copied/... through that class (the entire
backend uses it) then the Solr extension will take appropriate action to
schedule it for indexing (or remove it)

> I do changes in frontend in this plugin and solr doesnt recognize the
> new content.
> For example, user add a new comment or custom content to site.
> I dont speek about fe_edit or so, this is an own plugin.

If you use an extbase extension then it doesn't use the DataHandler
class. You could of course call the solr API yourself [1]. Deleting an
item is slightly more work, but you can take a look in the solr
extension to see how the hooks are handled there.

[1] https://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-solr/wiki/Extension_API

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor