[TYPO3-Solr] Indexing a HTTPS site with solr

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Mon Jun 15 12:20:51 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 15/06/2015 09:31, Chuku Balentina wrote:
> The devlog was already installed. I've enabled a few more loggin options
> and came across this.
> The "pageIndexerRquest.php" uses a HTTP URL instead of HTTPS also on
> line 409 of the "IndexQueueWorkerTask.php" the function "send" is called
> with the HTTP URL.
> Where is solr getting it's baseURL from because the baseURL is
> configured as HTTPS in the TS and i can confirm this via object browser.

It assumes HTTP, but you can override it [1].
Domain is retrieved from the domain records, but you can override it [2].

Because indexing pages is mostly done in CLI context (a scheduler task
activated by a cron job) it uses very basic URLs (like
http://domain/index.php?id=nnn). If you need to adjust the URLs
drastically there is an option to register a class to modify the URL
(via
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['solr']['IndexQueuePageIndexer']['dataUrlModifier'];
see \Tx_Solr_IndexQueue_PageIndexer::getDataUrl() for more details)

[1]
https://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-solr/wiki/Tx_solrindex#queuepagesindexerfrontendDataHelperscheme

[2]
https://forge.typo3.org/projects/extension-solr/wiki/Tx_solrindex#queuepagesindexerfrontendDataHelperhost