[TYPO3-Solr] Multilang with Multicore not working

Chris Hunt typo3forum at byom.de
Wed Jul 8 14:33:06 CEST 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm beginning to pull hairs about this so here's my problem:

TYPO3 6.2.13, SOLR 3.0.0

The Site looks like this:

- Multiple page trees, one for every country
- Some countries do have multiple languages
- default language 0 = German
- most translations are done in the Pagetree "Germany", Countries use "Page uses content from this page: [equivalent German page]" to show the translated content for their language

I created one core fore every country-language-variant, e.g. typo3_de_DE, typo3_fr_BE, typo3_nl_BE etc. All connections to the cores can be established, I already got a working search for the default language 0.

This is my SOLR TS config, to not make it too complicated, I just list Italy (PID 1000), which only uses Italian (L=8):

[PIDinRootline = 1000] && [globalVar = GP:L = 8]
  config.index_enable = 1
  plugin.tx_solr.enabled = 1
  plugin.tx_solr.solr.path = /typo3_it_it/
[global]

Search module list typo3_it_it as a contacted core. Dev-Log: No connection for Language [0] for PID 1000. The core stays empty

So I created a global "dummy core", typo3_default.

TS:

config.index_enable = 1
plugin.tx_solr.enabled = 1
plugin.tx_solr.solr.path = /typo3_default/

[PIDinRootline = 1000] && [globalVar = GP:L = 8]
  config.index_enable = 1
  plugin.tx_solr.enabled = 1
  plugin.tx_solr.solr.path = /typo3_it_it/
[global]

Result in the "search"-tool: the italian pagetree shows 14 host connections (I guess that's that related to the number of different countries in my website, remember I just list Italy for simplicuty) to core typo3_default, one to typo3_it_it

To, this seems like a lot of unneeded garbage, indexing produces a LOT of errors.

Next, I tried:

config.index_enable = 1
plugin.tx_solr.enabled = 1
plugin.tx_solr.solr.path = /typo3_default/

[PIDinRootline = 1000] && [globalVar = GP:L = 0]
  config.index_enable = 0
  plugin.tx_solr.enabled = 1
  plugin.tx_solr.solr.path = /typo3_default/
[global]

[PIDinRootline = 1000] && [globalVar = GP:L != 0] && [globalVar = GP:L != 8]
  config.index_enable = 0
  plugin.tx_solr.enabled = 1
  plugin.tx_solr.solr.path = /typo3_default/
[global]

[PIDinRootline = 1000] && [globalVar = GP:L != 8|0]
  config.index_enable = 1
  plugin.tx_solr.enabled = 0
  plugin.tx_solr.solr.path = /typo3_default/
[global]

I hoped this would definitely enable and disable languages/cores in countries, but the result wasn't any better.

So: is there something I'm doing completely wrong or am is it just missing the correct condition?

Cheers,
Chris