[TYPO3-Solr] Index Qeue job wrong URL when cron used

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Sun Feb 8 17:01:21 CET 2015

Hi Olivier,

On 08/02/2015 12:59, Olivier Dobberkau wrote:
> Am 08.02.15 um 12:01 schrieb Robert W:
>
>> Question - are there settings we can put in the Typoscript for
>> tx_solr.index.queue which will be picked up by the
>> solr/Scheduler/IndexQueueWorkerTask protected function
>> initializeHttpHost method? To resolve this problem
>
> When we designed the extension we had a simple setup like this in mind:
>
> - Root
> -- www.test.com

The problem also occurs if you have such a setup. It is completely
related to the setting typolink.forceAbsoluteUrl = 1 in the index queue
configuration. To generate absolute URLs TYPO3 needs some server
variables which are simply not available in CLI context.
The solr extension could of course set these while setting up the
"frontend" configuration in the index queue worker, but there is a
workaround as described in my other post (generating the absolute URLs
in the fieldRenderingInstructions).

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor