[TYPO3-Solr] Code for Apache Nutch for TYPO3 CMS has been released

thomas macaigne istreaming at gmail.com
Mon May 12 15:29:46 CEST 2014

So I wanted to try everything from the beginning again and I now struggle with this error.

I have pain to understand how to install this correctly, since there is the README and the files on github, this new package that you posted here:
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/apache-nutch-typo3-cms/apache-nutch-for-typo3-2.1.1.tar.gz

So here is what I did:
- I downloaded nutch 1.8 from here: http://apache.crihan.fr/dist/nutch/1.8/apache-nutch-1.8-bin.tar.gz
- Unpacked it in nutch directory.

- Downloaded: https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/apache-nutch-typo3-cms/apache-nutch-for-typo3-2.1.1.tar.gz
- Unpacked it and moved alll the files to the nutch directory.

- Modified nutch-site.xml
- ran ./bin/crawl and I'm getting this error:
root:apache-nutch-1.8/ # ./bin/crawl urls/seed.txt testcrawl http://localhost:8080/solr-4.7.1/core_tests 2                                                                                              [15:25:17]
log4j:ERROR Could not find value for key log4j.appender.cmdstdout
log4j:ERROR Could not instantiate appender named "cmdstdout".
log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.nutch.crawl.Injector).

I had this error already once but I can't seem to find how to correct it again.

What would be nice would be a working, step by step, tutorial..
And better explaining of what are the files on github, what is this new package, and things..

I am able to install Nutch by itself and crawl websites but once I copy your files I get the log4j error.