[TYPO3-Solr] [Announce] EXT:solr v2.8.3 released

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Fri Sep 27 08:52:31 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Apache Solr for TYPO3 v2.8.3 released

We're happy to announce the release of Apache Solr for TYPO3 (EXT:solr)
version 2.8.3. This release is security release and also comes with
other bug fixes, including support for TYPO3 6.x.

The security bulletin regarding the issues fixed in this release can be
found here:
http://typo3.org/teams/security/security-bulletins/typo3-extensions/typo3-ext-sa-2013-009/

Apologizes for this taking a bit longer. We would have liked to release
earlier, but it was not always in our hands. Thanks in any case to
Gerrit Venema, Michel Tremblay, and Georg Ringer for spotting these issues.

Notable Bug Fixes

* TYPO3 6.0+ compatibility
* Updated install script pointing to correct download URLs for Apache
Tomcat and Apache Solr
* Endtime filter not matching index values when using a timezone other
than GMT+1
* Labels could not be overridden from TS
* Site root pages were not indexed

Updating

We highly recommend updating your installation, since this is a patch
level release there are no new features or breaking changes.

Contributors

(patches, comments, bug reports, ... no particular order)

Marc Bastian Heinrichs
Lienhart Woitok
Kai Vogel (bring it on!)
Jochen Rieger
Olivier Dobberkau (rusty shell scripting skillz)
Jan Kiesewetter
Stefan Sprenger
Lars Peipmann
Gerrit Venema
Michel Tremblay
(anybody I forgot)

--
Ingo Renner
TYPO3 Core Developer, Release Manager TYPO3 4.2, Admin Google Summer of Code

TYPO3 - Open Source Enterprise Content Management System
http://typo3.org

Apache Solr for TYPO3 -
Open Source Enterprise Search meets Open Source Enterprise CMS
http://www.typo3-solr.com