[TYPO3-Solr] No curl support in EXT:solr?

Olivier Dobberkau olivier.dobberkau at dkd.de
Fri May 17 16:46:11 CEST 2013

Am 17.05.13 09:30, schrieb Dmitry Dulepov:

> No response... Ok, we will fix our local version than to use curl again.
> Otherwise there is no way for us to use EXT:solr 2.8.x due to missing
> curl support.

hi Dmitry,

i am unsure on why we did that, but it is a common misconception that
allow ulr open is insecure.

i hope that ingo can explain what was the trigger to let curl support
drop. as far as i remember it seemed that the curl support in TYPO3 CMS
is/was not that robust in the needed context of crawling the webpages.

just a small remark: while maintaining an extension edge cases are as
important as the people contributing to them. it is with great attention
that you decide to support other peoples problems. i am sure you
understand our reasoning here. :-)

please propose some hooks and you will be able to extend the solr
extension to use curl with your own means.

best greetings!

olivier