[TYPO3-Solr] Indexing hangs on localized records

Tomita Militaru tmilitaru at arxia.com
Tue Mar 19 10:18:05 CET 2013

Hi Dmitry!

> Those 90 bytes are for the next variable. Than it can be 50K for the
> next array. And so on. PHP allocates memory as necessary. You just him
> those 90 bytes by accident.
Yes, sorry about that, I noticed a huge difference in performance
between PHP 5.2. and PHP 5.3 when using the same setup on 2 different
servers.
It turns out for the server with PHP 5.2 I need more than 512 MB,
although on the setup with PHP 5.3 it doesn't exceed 200 - 300 MB when
indexing.
The big memory eater is the initializeTsfe for each of the languages,
the more languages, the more memory it eats up.

Kind regards,
Tomita