[TYPO3-Solr] Problem: the same page appears twice in search results

Irene Eglin irene.eglin at unibas.ch
Mon Mar 4 12:05:37 CET 2013

Hi

> In the proper case Solr should take the exact list of current user's
> groups and use that as a filter when searching. That will always give
> you a single proper document for a single url (no duplicates!). This is
> how Kasper did it in indexed_search+crawler and it works correctly
> there. You may even avoid the necessity to have an access filter (a Java
> component) in Solr server.

I hope I understand you correctly.

In our case we have about 1000 different combinations of usergroups.
With indexed_search+crawler we were not able to handle this because we
did not want to have so many crawlers. We only indexed public pages -
and told people to search only when not logged in.

That's why I like it the way it is in Ext:solr. I'm aware that we don't
have your problem, because we only have access-rights on page-level. But
we definitly need the filter on "person is in one of the groups" not on
"person has this groupcombination".

So, if there is a solution that solves your problem: great!
But to the developers: please don't go back to the behaviour of
sitesearch ;-)

Thank you,
Irene