[TYPO3-Solr] Stemming and config

Rik Willems rik at metmeer.nl
Wed Jun 12 08:54:33 CEST 2013

Hi all,

I'm trying to configure my Solr to do stemming for the Dutch language.
At this moment I can't get it to work. I expected the changes below to
work out. Perhaps I'm missing something. Who can help me out?

In my records is a word 'reiskostendeclaratie' (travel expenses
reimbursement). I want it to be found on 'reiskosten' as well.

In typo3cores/conf/dutch/dutch-common-nouns.txt I have the following:
reiskosten
reiskostenaftrek
reiskostenforfait
reiskostenregeling
reiskostenvergoeding

In typo3cores/conf/dutch/schema.xml
in section
<fieldType name="text" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100">
     <analyzer type="index">

I added
<!-- split subwords dutch nouns -->
<filter class="solr.DictionaryCompoundWordTokenFilterFactory"
dictionary="dutch/dutch-common-nouns.txt"
minWordSize="5" minSubwordSize="4" maxSubwordSize="15"
onlyLongestMatch="true"/>

Cheers! Rik