[TYPO3-Solr] Indexing external domains

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Wed Jun 5 11:36:58 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 5-6-2013 10:44, Carola Midde wrote:
> Does anyone have experience with Solr and indexing external domains?
> I found something about Apache Nutch but it does not work yet.
>
> Tips and ideas are welcome!

Contact Olivier Dobberkau at dkd [1] for more information. They made a
plugin for Nutch to integrate it nicely with the customizations needed
for TYPO3 in the Solr configuration.
With their solution the pages indexed by Nutch can be searched from the
TYPO3 site.

If the information of the external site is available in other formats
(e.g. you can get an XML dump of all the books you'd like to index) you
could write a custom indexer to process the external data.

Both solutions can give good results depending on the specific situation.

[1] http://www.typo3-solr.com/en/contact/

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor