[TYPO3-Solr] Exclude Columns from indexing

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Tue Jul 16 10:14:59 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 16-7-2013 9:16, Alexander Wende wrote:
> In my case it is totally unnecessary to index these content elements
> because the boxes have only complementary content (login/logout). Is
> there a way to exclude these content elements or the whole column from
> indexing?

If you put the content you want to be indexed inside
<!--TYPO3SEARCH_begin-->
<!--TYPO3SEARCH_end-->
solr will only use that part of the page. This way you can also exclude
menus, footers, etc. from being indexed.

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!