[TYPO3-Solr] Adding Fields to tx_solr_file

Jigal van Hemert jigal.van.hemert at typo3.org
Fri Jul 5 08:35:16 CEST 2013

Hi,

On 5-7-2013 0:46, Olivier Dobberkau wrote:
> Am 04.07.13 13:56, schrieb Alexander Wende:
>
>> The solrfal extension contains only the file detector. No chance to get
>> FAL meta data. It's seems that developing an patch is the only solution
>
> and tell us how you think the metadata
> needs to be handled? which info should take precende? the one on the fal
> data or the one we extract via solr?

As far as I could seen in solrfile there is no meta data extracted at
all. Only the text extraction service is used to collect the text inside
the file. It would be great if the complete set of meta data (whatever
is available for a certain file) would be available for the index.queue
definitions; perhaps as fields meta_* .

Order of precedence:
- meta data extracted from the file itself
- meta data from DAM / FAL
- meta data set in content element

Think of the nice things you could do with this:
- use author field in certain file types as author of solr document
- display title of a document in the search results instead of the file name
- have facets for image width/height or camera brand
- use last modification date from meta data as last modified timestamp
instead of information from the file system

--
Jigal van Hemert
TYPO3 CMS Active Contributor

TYPO3 .... inspiring people to share!